বৃহস্পতিবার, ১ আগস্ট, ২০১৩

Office workers and their My Bottle

Advertisement

How often do you take your My Bottle, My Cup to the office? graph of japanese statisticsNo, that headline is not grammatically wrong, it?s just that in Japanese, the term for bringing one?s own thermos, mug to work (and also the name of this survey by Do House) is My Bottle or My Cup.

Demographics

At some recent point in time 641 members of the Do House monitor group completed a private internet-based questionnaire. 50.9% of the sample were male, 40.6% were in their twenties or thirties, and 59.4% were in their forties or fifties. All lived in the vicinities of Tokyo, and all were in employment, including part time and casual work.

I have both my own My Bottle and my own My Cup; I fill the thermos with tea from a tea bag, and slowly top up my My Cup from my My Bottle as time goes by. It feels like about a quarter of the people in myoffice bring their My Bottle, but I?ve never asked them what is inside, but for some reason I imagine it must be miso soup, although that doesn?t feature as a distinct option in Q3.

For some reason people drinking out of their thermos irritates me ? the unscrewing and clinking as they put the cap back on is not in itself a noise that gets on my nerves, but much like fan usage it just grates for some no particular reason.

Research results

Q1: What kinds of drink containers do you drink from at work? (Sample size=641, multiple answer)

Plastic bottle 60%
Can 39%
Mug, glass (My Cup) 31%
Thermos flask, stainless steel bottle (My Bottle) 23%
Paper pack, chilled cup drink 23%
Paper cup, plastic cup drink 20%
Tumbler (My Cup) 13%
Other 1%
Don?t drink at the office 8%

These numbers are read off a graph, so they may not be exact. However, looking at the breakdown by sex and age group, younger men were the biggest can and plastic bottle drinkers (about 60% and 70% respectively), and older women the least likely to drink from them at work.

Q2 is probably the people from Q1 who used one or more My Cup or My Bottle in the office.

Q2: How often do you take your My Bottle, My Cup to the office? (Sample size=348)

Always keep it in the office 50.3%
Almost every day 33.9%
Four or five days a week 3.1%
Two or three days a week 6.6%
Once a week 2.2%
Less than that 3.9%

Men in their twenties and thirties were the most likely demographic to bring their own drinking utensils every day, and conversely men in their forties and fifties were most likely to store them in the office.

Q3: What do you fill your My Bottle, My Cup with? (Sample size=348, multiple answer)

Tea bag, drip coffee, instant coffee 64.4%
Shop-bought tea, coffee 59.2%
Drinks made from tea leaves, coffee beans 50.6%
Tap water, mineral water 41.4%
Fizzy drinks 23.9%
Fruit juice 23.6%
Functional drinks 20.4%
Vegetable juice 19.8%
Milk, other dairy-based drinks 12.4%
Other 2.0%

Q4 is probably the people from Q3 who drink tea or coffee either ready-made, or make themselves, the top three answers in Q3.

Q4: Where do you buy/prepare the drinks you drink at the office? (Sample size=299 and 260)

? Tea drinkers
N=299
Coffee drinker
N=260
Take it from home 23.3% 15.8%
Buy on the way to work (included making at work) 69.9% 75.3%
Buy at a cafe, restaurant 0.5% 6.2%
Available for free at office 6.3% 2.7%
Read more on: do house,drink,my bottle,my cup

Permalink

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/WhatJapanThinks/~3/dzAFFVdjUpI/

elvis presley Rob Parker Comcast Rob Ryan bethenny frankel sacramento kings alex jones

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন